As one of the largest chapters in the nation as well as one of the largest sororities at the University of Alabama, the Alpha Upsilon chapter of Alpha Chi Omega has a unique ability to make an impact not only on our campus, but also within our own house. We believe that this starts with the simple task of embracing sisterhood and knowing the importance of encouraging each other. Whether it’s going to date parties, planning spring break trips, studying abroad, or just walking to class, we make sure that each of our members feels included and encouraged the very first moment she steps in our doors! We know that our sisterhood is something that will be with us forever: when we’re choosing bridesmaids, changing cities, or landing new jobs. That’s why it’s essential to us now to cultivate a place where we build each other up, know each other by name, cherish each memory and savor each moment, all while knowing that our sisterhood is what binds us and strengthens us as Alpha Chi Omegas!
The Alpha Upsilon chapter of Alpha Chi Omega has excelled in academics, ranking first among the sororities of the University of Alabama, for the past twenty-six years. As a chapter of more than 400 women, we have maintained an average of 3.50 G.P.A. Alpha Upsilon holds a Scholarship Banquet spring semester to reward members for accomplishing a grade point average of a 3.67 or higher. The Vice President of Intellectual Development encourages each Alpha Chi Omega to excel in their scholastic endeavors and provides resources to promote academic success.
In Fall 2015, Alpha Chi earned Order of Omega’s Highest All-Sorority G.P.A. with a 3.56 average. The new members were also awarded with the Highest New Member G.P.A. of 3.54, and active members with an average GPA of 3.57. We had 102 members on the Dean’s List with a GPA between 3.5 and 3.9, and 145 members on the President’s List with a GPA of 4.0 or higher. You’ll find members of Alpha Chi in Computer Based, International, and University honors programs, along with various honor societies within the colleges and campus as a whole.
Alpha Chi Omega at the University of Alabama prides itself on members who engage in both the Alpha Upsilon Chapter and the greater community on campus. We support our members in all their endeavors, whether they’re leading a meeting or working on the sideline of a Crimson Tide football game!
- Members of Capstone Men & Women: Addie Crane, Alex Grady, Hallie Harrison, and McKenzie Ross
- Members of the University of Alabama Student Recruitment Team: Alexis Winborne, Anabeth Friday, Celia-Blake Cazan, Courtney O’Connor, Daniella Smith, Delaney Gilmer, Ellery Gerwig, Jennifer Hart, Katherine Straughan, Kellie Vizzinia, Samantha Walker, Stasia Foster, and Taylor Daniels
- Members of Capstone Agency: Carolyn Bowler and Peyton Edberg
- Members of the University Fellows Experience: Meredith Diaz
- Members of XXXI: Amber Ausley, Allison Ingram, Christin Spencer, and Megan Smith
- Members of Crimsonettes: Megan Smith and Paige Robertson
- Members of the All-Girl Cheerleading Squad: Hannah Conrad
- Members of the Co-Ed Cheerleading Squad: Payton Richie
- Members of the Crimson Cabaret Dance Team: McKenzie Sherman
- Members of Freshman Forum: Allison Stumpf, Carson Rooney, Emilee Jones, Reagan Cunningham, and Sarah Pratt
Represented in Student Government Association, Alabama Panhellenic Association, and many more campus organizations!
Just as college isn’t confined to the classroom, Alpha Chi isn’t limited to academics or campus involvement. Our girls turn to social events to grow closer together and make the most of their four years at the University of Alabama. Thursdays in the fall feature themed swaps with different fraternities, and costumes range from neon rave and paint, to head-to-toe camouflage for a redneck wedding, to ski lodge. Alpha Chi also hosts several functions throughout the year where girls grab a date or invite their friends for a formal, an out-of-the-box date party, or even a parent’s weekend. These parties often headline popular bands at various Tuscaloosa venues, and all members are welcome to come dance the night away with their friends!