The Alpha Chi Omega New Member program is designed to nurture our new members and support them in their transition to college life. The actives help exhibit the balance between academics and fun to the New Members, showing how easy it is to have a good time while maintaining Alpha Chi and personal standards.
As our mission statement declares: “Alpha Chi Omega is a national women’s organization that enriches the lives of members through lifetime opportunities for friendship, leadership, learning and service”. This all starts with the New Member experience.
The goals of the New Member program are the following:
- To make every sister feel welcome, safe and comfortable in her new home, away from home. The Alpha Chi Omega house is not only a haven for our members, but more importantly, it is a place where you can find encouraging, supportive, and lighthearted sisters.
- Aid every new sister in establishing and supporting the study skills and practices necessary to insure academic success. New members are required to attend study hall each week; and participate in supervised study hall hours after the weekly New Member meeting with the VP of New Member Education and VP of Intellectual Development.
- Socially promote and provide new sisters with many opportunities for themed, formal, or fraternity parties. In addition to these parties, our VP Membership Programming schedules sisterhood events such as calligraphy classes, renting out a local movie theater for movie night, skate night, or pool parties, each semester.
- Teach the new members the history, traditions, and ideals of Alpha Chi Omega. We have a proud tradition of excellence and we want all of our members to share and continue this legacy.
- Enhance personal development through informational formats to hone and refine decision-making skills so that each new sister becomes more responsible and independent.
- Create a platform for new members to forge strong and loyal friendships, and make lasting memories in this lifelong sisterhood!