The Alpha Chi Omega Standard of Membership
As Alpha Chi Omega seeks new members, we look for young women who share our spirit and values—including individuality. We are interested in meeting young women who share our standards of academic achievement, good character, financial responsibility, leadership ability and personal development.
Recruitment Tips for Potential New Members
We realize the week of Formal Recruitment can be filled not only with excitement, but also with a bit of anxiety. To keep your recruitment experience as “stress free” as possible, here are some things to remember:
- The sorority girls are just as nervous as you are!! Remember, they are trying to impress you too! They worry about saying the wrong thing, forgetting a line in the skit, or messing up the door song. So TRY to relax and enjoy the process.
- Yes, the heat is sweltering in Tuscaloosa in August. Wear the most comfortable sundresses you can find on Open House days. Bring a tote with you and put a comfortable pair of flip flops in it. Save your “cute” sandals for parties and change into flip flops when you walk to the next house on your schedule!
- Speaking of totes, remember to put the following necessities in there: Moist towelettes (like Wet Wipes), breath mints, lipstick and other cosmetics if you like your Greek Chic book and a pen. Please refer to the PanHellenic website for more suggestions and information
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions!! From general (such as “What can your sorority offer me”?) to specific (such as “What are the requirements of your New Member program “), your questions will aid you in determining which sorority best suits your personality and expectations.
- Keep an open mind. Of course you are going to listen to friends, parents, boyfriends, etc., but in the end, you are the one who has to be “at peace” with your decision.
Recommendation & Legacy Information
Alpha Chi Omega accepts letters of recommendation from Collegiate Members, from chapters other than UA, and Alumnae Members. Alpha Chi Omega will begin receiving recommendations between May 1 and July 15 for 2018 recruitment.
Please mail all letters of recommendation to: